The time has finally come for us to get this design rolling for the NEW ‘Jeff Dusenbury Bike Park’ at South Anchorage Sports Park!!! We’ll be kicking this off together with a public meeting for anyone interested in hearing about the project, sharing your ideas, or signing-up to join our Volunteer Advisory Committee.
All are invited!
What: Project Kick-off Meeting!
When: Tues. Nov. 5th / 6:00 pm to 8:00 pm
Where: The Bicycle Shop (Dimond) located at 1801 W. Dimond Blvd.
- The Park Site - 3 acres of designated land located in the South Anchorage Sports Park; come learn how the bike park will fit in with other park improvements as per the 2014 updated Master Plan.
- Location - 769 W. Klatt Rd., Anchorage, AK (View Map); the bike park will be built to the west of the playground & ballfields.
- Budget - $150,000 currently in hand from the 2018 Municipal Parks Bond
- See what’s already been done to the site in preparation – we’ve cleared the vegetation and started “squeezing the sponge” with a surcharge of over 40,000 CY of imported material used to make site buildable (a value of $500k-$800k in material)!
- Brainstorm – bring your ideas of what this bike park could be, as we’ll be doing several creative exercises to aid us with the planning and design. If you have examples from other bike parks – please bring photos, web links, etc…the more input the better!
- Project Schedule –see the tentative project schedule with the goal to construct in 2020!
- Process - There will be more opportunities in the future for public participation (you don’t need to be on the Volunteer Advisory Committee), come learn about how you can support this project!
- Why a bike park? Click for stoke: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yO17nzId6xI
Please share with anyone that you think may be interested in this project, thanks!