Diana Stone Livingston, Co-Chair; Tracey Knutson, Co-Chair
David Sears, Victor Duncan, Marcus Tingle
P.O. Box 390
Girdwood, Alaska 99587
(Revised - items 3 and 4 were swapped in position; added item 26)
April 18, 2005 – Agenda Regular Monthly Meeting, 7:00 pm, Glacier City Hall
Approval of Minutes:
1. Regular Monthly Meeting March 21, 2005.
2. GBOS Public Work Session with Jacques Boutet on Town Square Design.
3. Announce and congratulate the two new GBOS members to be seated at the May meeting.
4. Girdwood General Fund Balance Report, Diana Livingston.
5. The next GBOS Quarterly meeting with Mayor Begich is currently scheduled for Thursday, April 21, 2005, from 2:30 to 4:00 pm in the Mayor’s Conference Room.
6. The Anchorage Greenways Coalition is seeking a representative from Girdwood. Anyone interested can contact Alison Rein for further information.
Introductions, Presentations and Reports:
7. Assembly Members Dick Tremaine and Janice Shamberg. Update on Large Animal Ordinance.
8. Heritage Land Bank update, Robin Ward, Art Eash.
9. Legislative Teleconference: 7:15 pm: Senator Con Bunde and Representative Mike Hawker. Followup on discussion March 21 regarding Girdwood’s requests in the capital budget process.
10. AWWU Update, Lynda Barber-Wiltse.
11. Economic Development Grant Update, Jacques Boutet.
12. U. S. Forest Service Update, James Fincher and Tim Charnon.
13. Girdwood Transportation Task Force Report. No new developments.
14. Four Valleys Community School Task Force Report on Community School Status report: Marie Griffin, Sam Daniel.
15. Girdwood Community Center/Library Building Task Force Update, Brooks Chandler.
16. Land Use Committee and Federation of Community Councils Report, LUC Officers.
17. Turnagain Arm Health Center Report, Anne Herschleb and Margaret Strachan.
18. Little Bears Playhouse Day Care: Deb Pfeiffer.
Public Comment: Persons offering comment must state their full name and address. Public Comment is limited to three (3) minutes per individual and must be on subjects not listed elsewhere on the agenda.
19. Approval of the GBOS will be sought for the Library and Community Center plan for funding construction, maintenance and operations.
20. From Land Use Committee meeting of April 12, 2005, action on proposed adoption schedule for Title 21, Chapter 9.
21. From Land Use Committee meeting of April 12, 2005, action on a zoning conditional use application for a four- unit condominium complex located at Alyeska North #3, Block 6, Lot 7, Taos Road. Case 2005-051.
22. From Land Use Committee meeting of April 12, 2005, action on the Girdwood Chapel Church Site Plan. Location is Alpine View Estates, Phase 1, Tract A-2A, the southwest corner of Alyeska Highway and Timberline Drive. Plan is to move the existing church and construct a new church building in its place. Case 2005-054.
23. From Land Use Committee meeting of April 12, 2005, Platting Case S11367-1, Snyder, to subdivide one lot into two lots.
24. From Land Use Committee meeting of April 12, 2005, Case 2005-052 Amending Title 21 for Nonconforming Uses.
25. From Land Use Committee meeting of April 12, 2005, Case 2005-053 Amending Title 21 for Alcoholic Beverage Activity.
26. Crow Creek Advisory Committee and Agnew:: Beck Consulting will be presenting to the LUC on proposed draft plans and will then be looking for a supporting resolution from the GBOS at the may meeting.
Other Business From the Board:
27.Girdwood Chamber of Commerce meeting. GBOS representative will be appointed for May 3, 2005 GC of C meeting.
28.Land Use Supervisor, GBOS Co-Chair Diana Livingston.
a. Title 21, Chapter 9
b. Land Use Committee Summary of March 8, 2005 Meeting
c. Heritage Land Bank Report, Crow Creek Land Use Study
29. Parks and Recreation Supervisor, Marcus Tingle.
d. Trails Committee Report and Update
e. Parks and Recreation Update, Chad Frank
30. Public Safety and Fire Supervisor, GBOS Co-Chair Tracey Knutson.
f. Fire Department Report
g. Trooper Report
31. Roads Supervisor, David Sears.
h. Roads Budget to Date
i. Monthly Roads Report
32. Utilities Supervisor, Victor Duncan.
j. Undergrounding Utilities
k. Water and Sewer
Adjournment by 10:00 pm