February 21, 2005 Ė Agenda Regular Monthly Meeting, 7:00 pm, Glacier City Hall
February 19, 2005- Amended Agenda, Reposted
Approval of Minutes:
1. December 20, 2004 and January 17, 2005 Regular Monthly Meeting. January 27, 2005 GBOS Meeting with Mayor Begich.
2. Girdwood General Fund Balance Report, Diana Livingston.
3. Donít forget to vote in the municipal election April 5, 2005.
4. The Mayorís Girdwood Town Hall Meeting originally scheduled for February 16, 2005 has been rescheduled to Wednesday, March 23, 2005, at the Columbia Ballroom of the Alyeska Prince Hotel.
5. The next GBOS Quarterly meeting with Mayor Begich is scheduled for Tuesday, April 26, 2005, from 1:30 to 3:30 pm in the Mayorís Conference Room.
6. The next Crow Creek Advisory Committee meeting is scheduled for Wednesday, February 23, 2005, 7 pm at the Alyeska Daylodge. The Crow Creek Neighborhood Plan Second Community Meeting originally scheduled for February 23, 2005 has been tentatively moved to Tuesday, March 15, 2005, from 7:30-9:30 pm at the Alyeska Daylodge. Public notice to follow.
7. A GBOS Public Work Session with MOA Parks and Recreation staff has been scheduled for Tuesday, February 22, 2005, from 1:00 to 3:00 pm, Glacier City Hall.
8. A variety of twelve (12) week long summer internships are being offered through the Denali Commission and are open to all Alaska residents currently enrolled in a degree program. Application and position descriptions are available on the Commissionís website: www.denali.gov. Applications and other required materials are due by Friday, March 18, 2005.
Introductions, Presentations and Reports:
9. Assembly Members Dick Tremaine and Janice Shamberg.
10. Heritage Land Bank update, Robin Ward, Art Eash.
11. Legislative Teleconference: 7:15 pm: Senator Con Bunde and Representative Mike Hawker.
12. AWWU Update, Lynda Barber-Wiltse.
13. Economic Development Grant Update, Jacques Boutet.
14. U. S. Forest Service Update including Nissman Memorial, James Fincher and Tim Charnon.
15. Girdwood Transportation Task Force Report.
16. Four Valleys Community School Task Force Report on Community School Status (if anything to report).
17. Girdwood Community Center and Library Building Task Force, Brooks Chandler.
18. Jake Thompson report on subcommittee to amend AMC Section 21.35.020 regarding keeping large animals.
19. Federation of Community Councils Report, Ron Burson.
20. Turnagain Arm Health Center Report, Anne Herschleb and Margaret Strachan.
21. From Land Use Committee: In March, Mr. Tom Nelson, MOA Planning Director, will present information on Title 21, Chapter 9 and the possibility that only Chapter 9 may be approved in 2005, ahead of the balance of Title 21. A vote of the LUC with its recommendations to the GBOS will be conducted at that meeting or a future meeting as deemed appropriate by the LUC.
22. GBOS Report on Quarterly Meeting with Mayor Begich and Staff date of January 27, 2005, Tracey Knutson.
Public Comment: Persons offering comment must state their full name and address. Public Comment is limited to three (3) minutes per individual and must be on subjects not listed elsewhere on the agenda.
23. From Land Use Committee, Resolution supporting a separate, independent facility for Turnagain Arm Health Center. Community approval has been given for the community health center. This resolution provides further definition.
24. The ongoing issue of decommissioning the wellhouse by Glacier Creek is being addressed by HLB in a letter to Cherrier King Cherrier Partnership. HLB wishes to state in their letter that GBOS approves decommissioning the well and structure on Tract B, Alyeska Basin Unit II, adjacent to Glacier Creek. This problem structure has been reported repeatedly by the Roads Supervisor. A vote of approval is sought so HLB can state there is GBOS support for this action.
25. From Land Use Committee, approval of Task Force newly formed to design, apply for grant funding and further support of a new skateboard facility and/or other recreational facilities in the town center or other locations in Girdwood.
26. The inclusion of the Girdwood Board of Supervisors in the HLB letter to Cherrier, King, Cherrier Partnership concerning decommissioning a well on Tract B, Alyeska Basin Unit II. Discussion to be possibly followed by vote at the March GBOS regular monthly meeting.
27. Introduction of application for Library and Community Center Building Project funding from the Denali Commission with a vote expected at the March 21, 2005 GBOS meeting. We will not have the full application to present at this meeting, but expect to have the pertinent portions in March.
Other Business From the Board:
28.Victor Duncan, report on February 1, 2005 Girdwood Chamber of Commerce meeting; GBOS representative to be appointed for March 1, 2005 GC of C meeting.
29. Land Use Supervisor, GBOS Co-Chair Diana Livingston.
a. Title 21, Chapter 9
b. Heritage Land Bank Report, Crow Creek Land Use Study
30. Parks and Recreation Supervisor, Marcus Tingle.
c. Trails Committee Report and Update
d. Parks and Recreation Update, Chad Frank
31. Public Safety and Fire Supervisor, Tracey Knutson.
e. Fire Department Report
f. Trooper Report
32. Roads Supervisor, GBOS Co-Chair David Sears.
g. Roads Budget to Date
h. Monthly Roads Report
33. Utilities Supervisor, Victor Duncan.
i. Undergrounding Utilities
Adjournment by 10:00 pm