January 17, 2005 – Agenda Regular Monthly Meeting, 7:00 pm, Glacier City Hall
Amended, Reposted January 14, 2005
Amended, Reposted January 15, 2005
Approval of Minutes:
1. December 20, 2004 Regular Monthly Meeting.
2. Girdwood General Fund Balance Report, Diana Livingston.
3. GBOS Seat E now filled by David Sears, and Seat D now filled by Diana Livingston will be chosen by registered Girdwood voters at the municipal election April 5, 2005. Those interested in running for election to either of these GBOS seats must file with the City Clerk between January 28 and 5 pm February 11, 2005. Each seat is for a three year term.
4. Announcement of Girdwood Community Association/Land Use Committee officers for 2005.
5. The Mayor’s Girdwood Town Hall Meeting is scheduled for February 16, 2005.
6. The GBOS Quarterly meeting with Mayor Begich is scheduled for January 27, 2005 from 1 to 3:30 pm in the Mayor’s Conference Room
7. Chugach State Park Citizens Advisory Board Holding Special Meeting Tuesday January 18, 2005, 550 West 7th Avenue, Suite 240, 7 pm to 10 pm seeking citizen comment on management of Chugach Park trailheads.
8. Next Public Workshop for Crow Creek Neighborhood Plan scheduled for Wednesday, February 23, 2005 at 6:30 pm. Location TBA. Copies of the Public Review Draft Plan will be made available at the Post Office, Girdwood Library, Little Bears and AWWU Girdwood office.
Introductions, Presentations and Reports:
9. Assembly Members Dick Tremaine and Janice Shamberg
10. Heritage Land Bank update, Robin Ward, Art Eash
11. Legislative Update: Senator Con Bunde and Representative Mike Hawker.
12. AWWU Update, Lynda Barber-Wiltse
13. Economic Development Grant Update, Jacques Boutet
14. U. S. Forest Service Update including Nissman Memorial, James Fincher and Tim Charnon
15. Girdwood Transportation Task Force Report
16. Four Valleys Community School Task Force Report on Community School Status
17. Girdwood Community Center and Library Building Task Force, Brooks Chandler
18. Jake Thompson report on subcommittee to amend AMC Section 21.35.020 regarding keeping large animals.
19. Federation of Community Councils update postponed due to new Land use Committee officers.
20. Introduction Michael Johnson from Mayor Begich’s office, now the GBOS Contact with Mayor’s Office.
Public Comment: Persons offering comment must state their full name and address. Public Comment is limited to three (3) minutes per individual and must be on subjects not listed elsewhere on the agenda.
21. From Girdwood Trails Committee, request for authorization and action to write letter regarding Nissman Memorial to Municipality of Anchorage Parks & Recreation Department.
22. Discussion and vote on letter of thanks from GBOS to Senator Ted Stevens for 2005 appropriations benefiting Girdwood community.
23. No New Business at this time.
Other Business From the Board:
24.Marcus Tingle, report on January 4, 2005 Girdwood Chamber of Commerce meeting; GBOS representative to be appointed for February 1, 2005 GC of C meeting.
25. Land Use Supervisor, GBOS Co-Chair Diana Livingston
a. Title 21 Deadline for comments on public review draft of Title 21, Module #3 is Friday, January 21, 2005
b. Heritage Land Bank Report, Crow Creek Land Use Study
26. Parks and Recreation Supervisor, Marcus Tingle
c. Trails Committee Report
d. Parks and Recreation Update, Chad Frank
27. Public Safety and Fire Supervisor, GBOS Co-Chair Tracey Knutson
e. Fire Department Report
f. Trooper Report
28. Roads Supervisor, David Sears
g. Roads Budget to Date
h. Monthly Roads Report
29. Utilities Supervisor, Victor Duncan
i. Undergrounding Utilities
Adjournment by 10:00 pm